Brook Street are recruiting for a temporary role as an Admin Support within the NHS.
As a Primary Care Support Assistant, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff of the Primary Care Contracting Team primarily for Pharmacy.
The Primary Care Support Assistant will deliver an effective and competent level of clerical support and consistently deliver a "client-focused" service which promotes good customer service and effective working relationships.
The Primary Care Support Assistant will be responsible for specific allocated work streams including;
* organising meetings for the department and planning administrative work as required.
* Updating and maintaining databases.
* Distributing information and patient alerts to pharmacy contractors.
* Inputting into, monitoring and printing reports from computerised systems.
* Collating and reporting financial information and activity data.
* Supporting team members with the management of projects.
* Liaising with a range of stakeholders including Pharmacy Contractors, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Local Pharmaceutical Committees etc
* Working on own initiative within defined policies and procedures to set timescales.
* Carrying out other appropriate delegated duties for the team as required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- educated to NVQ 4 in a relevant subject or equivalent level of qualification or significant equivalent previous proven experience.
- Significant administrative/ secretarial experience including initiating and maintaining office systems
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with the public and dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT systems and software programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Understanding of Confidentiality and Data Protection Act
- Knowledge of NHS issues
- Ability to prioritise and work with others to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work within defined parameters and flexible in approach to support other areas of work
- Ability to work at pace in a busy working environment and able to multi-task
- Clear communicator with excellent writing, data entry and presentation skills: capable of constructing and delivering clear information/ instructions to staff and service users
- Effective team working
- Minute taking
The role is temporary, till the end of March, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. The pay is £9.28/hr for the first 12 weeks, increasing to £10.79/hr thereafter.
If you are interested in applying for the role, then please send your CV fao the PSR team.