Brook Street are seeking a temporary Admin Assistant to work on behalf of HMP Exeter.
The job holder will provide administrative support to ensure the safe and secure keeping of prisoners' files, past and present and to action requests in a timely manner to aid effective record keeping in line with local procedures.
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Undertake filing on a daily basis to provide effective record keeping in line with local procedures
- Request and receive information/records from other establishments
- Store records appropriately / forward the back record or abscond record to the requesting establishment in a timely manner
- Send, collect and distribute faxes to appropriate staff
- Deliver and collect post where appropriate
- Maintain the filing system of the previous year's files so they are moved to archive and the oldest archive years files are sent for destruction in accordance with required standards (e.g. data protection)
You will be paid £8.91 per hour. This is a temporary post for 8 weeks initially but could be longer depending on business needs.