UKVI - Process Assistant - Full Time
Location: Leeds City Centre - LS1
Hours: (Mon-Fri) 8am - 4pm
Duration: 7 months
Brook Street are recruiting on behalf of our UKVI (home office) client based in Leeds City Centre; We have a role available for customer service focused individual. This is a Temporary position for 7 months but is likely to be extended!
The successful candidate will be responsible for defined core administrative, operational and/or technical activities within a section or department. You will provide a range of straightforward, routine services often as part of a team engaged in similar activities. This may involve responding to routine queries, issues or circumstances, and referring any unusual or non-routine situations to others.
Please be assured that you will be working in a COVID safe environment, based in Leeds, LS1.
- Process work in line with agreed procedures, business rules or scripts - Processing work could include making calls, answering telephone, emails, queries, taking messages or processing transactions.
- Providing face to face appointments for Visa Applications
- Taking Biometrics for applicants, document scanning and submitting visa applications to be reviewed by caseworkers
- Learn the procedures and understand parameters of producing a quality output.
- Process work to the defined level of quality.
- Resolve queries, escalate as necessary (i.e. a team leader/manager/other group), and log if appropriate.
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis.
- Distribute information and when required, work to the other team members or groups.
- Identify and suggest areas of improvement.
- Maintain and update information held on a data base or manually.
- Support line management on any additional admin when required.
- Liaise with internal/external clients.
- Print/post data/reports/invoices daily.
- Maintain records for audit purposes.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role including resolving customer queries and issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good Microsoft IT skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proven organisational and planning skills
- Excellent team player, who displays commitment and flexibility.
- Articulate & able to develop good working relationships with colleagues & clients
*Please note working for UKVI will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*