Job Title - Process Development Technologist
Salary - Discussed at interview stage, dependant on experience / negotiable
Location - Sherburn in Elmet (LS25)
Hours of work- Monday- Friday 8am- 5pm (however flexibility around core working hours is essential)
To provide a site-based resource within the development department to support delivery of NPD, EPD and VAVE (value adding, value engineered) projects for the site for the customer base and site plan.
Develops category and brief led concepts from point of project approval to process handover ensuring it is in line with both customer and our clients expectations, whilst satisfying all relevant technical and operational criteria in line with critical path.
Main responsibilities are-
- Understands what a good job looks like (WAGJLL) for customer technical handover panels
- Independently assesses samples for customer sign off panels and seeks sample sign off with NPD manager/controller before dispatch to customer
- Understands WGJLL for customer specific and internal paperwork; Accurately completes in full and a timely manner
- Can manage and support line manage with delivery of retailer technical handover / trial sign off panels, presenting to retailer with confidence and demonstrating knowledge
- Takes accurate notes during meeting and sends detailed contact report both internally and externally
- Maintain project files with detailed notes and record chronologically to audit standard. Ensuring that all relevant stage and gate documents are signed, scanned and saved.
- Be champion of the stage and gate process; providing feedback on existing record sheets and procedures and demonstrate WAGJLL.
- Understands relationship between yields, giveaway and labour and the cost impact if any variable changes.
- Works to validated via trials product commercials including but not limited to yields, giveaway, labour to ensure on upscale products meet forecasted aspirations for both the customer and site;
- Will proactively highlight where commercial aspirations are compromised and works with key stakeholders to find solutions to mitigate / meet targets whilst still delivering product requirements.
- Verifies suitability of new raw materials including butchery specifications for both customer and site. Ensuring these meet operational, technical, and financial requirements and where these do not provide viable solutions.
- Once new raw materials are approved for launch completes new raw material applications to generate supplier specifications for approval in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for the delivery of the strategic projects inline with site / retailer plans
- With support of line manager can write a detailed critical path from process handover to launch and has a general understanding of customer requirements / steps that need to be considered.
- Demonstrates good customer service, both internally and externally
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
- Computer literate
- Familiar with machinery and processes within the factory
- Must be able to work well both as an individual / self-starter and within a team
- Demonstrates passion in all that they do
- Ability to create a favourable first impression, project yourself well and present with confidence
- Demonstrate a genuine interest and understanding of food
- Must be comfortable working and being hands on both in the factory and office environment
- Level 2 H&S awareness.
- Understanding of relevant risk assessments and trained as competent to safe working procedures.
- Understanding and application of hazard identification and near miss reporting.
- Great communication and organisational skills
- Ability to build positive relationships
- Work as a team player and demonstrate great passion
- Be flexible and have attention to detail.