I am recruiting for Die Casting Process Technician working for a global automotive supplier. Working the on a rotational three-shift pattern (6-2, 2-10, 10-6), this position is offering a negotiable package including shift uplift and will be based at their Telford plant.
As a global manufacturing business, they specialise in high pressure die-casting that designs and builds medium to large aluminium die-cast automotive components.
Reporting to the Productions Upstream Die Casting Process Supervisor you will be responsible for maintaining Die Casting processes and driving continuous improvement, ensuring all machinery is operating as required. You will be involved in the development of process documentation and ensuring the output of production meets the required volume and quality.
You will work rotational weeks of a 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am.
- Ensure the companies HSE policies are adhered too
- Support establishing & stabilising of the process post tooling change, this will involve robot set-ups, ONI, and Buhler prog changes
- Be the primary Process Engineering representative on Die Casting process related items and follow the escalation processes as and when necessary.
- Basic casting defect diagnosis and demonstrate the ability to identify contributing factors
- Daily dialogue with the Production Team to ensure the Die Casting processes meet the delivery objectives
- Maintaining process documentation to a certifiable level
- Support PFMEA documentation and the events that lead to score reduction projects
- Develop and implement process improvement strategies through OEE improvements Cost Avoidance projects
- Investigate, troubleshoot & resolve - root cause analysis
- Offer guidance to others in the business unit through effective communication, leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- Play a supporting role in the implementation of new product through launches/burst builds/tool trials
- Forge sound working relationships with supporting departments to work towards a common goal
- Previous Die Casting process technician experience/knowledge
- Able to commit to the rotational shift pattern
- Flexible with the potential occasional requirement to travel overseas for training purposes
- Basic knowledge of HPDC die design
- Basic casting defect diagnosis
- ABB basic knowledge - (IRC5)
- Understanding & implementation of DCM parameter management
- Process change management experience
- Ability to coach team members
- Familiar with the contributing factors of OEE
- Auditing of processes
- Experience in the creation of Standard Work Instructions (SWI)
- Root cause analysis experience with a demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to remain calm and focussed in a fast-paced work environment
- Good communicator both written and verbal
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Negotiable package depending on experience
- Rotational shift pattern
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Attractive pension, death in service and critical illness schemes
- Employee assistance programme and benefit scheme
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***