This role will be on a temporary basis to cover permanent staff. Initially, this will be for three months and then pending extension in line with business needs. The role will be office based in Solihull.
You will be responsible for administrative, customer service and technical activities within a department. You will provide a range of straightforward, routine customer service often as part of a team as well as working independently. You may be required to respond to routine queries, issues or circumstances and often be the first point of contact. This role will be face to face and will be within a COVID safe environment.
The ideal candidate will have at least 12 months administration experience and a willingness to train and learn new systems and skills. You will have an attention to detail and ability to work in a structured environment. You will be articulate, an excellent communicator and effective team player!
Key responsibilities will involve, but not be limited to:
- Processing work in line with agreed procedures, business rules or scripts (E.g. making calls, answering calls, dealing with emails and queries, taking messages)
- Conduct screening interviews and complete safeguarding referrals for vulnerable applicants (Face to Face)
- The capture of biometrics of all customers prior to the screening interview. To verify and to establish any previous history.
- Act as the first point of contact for all customers arriving in the office and deal effectively with the validation and registration of customers
- Learn the procedures and understand parameters of producing quality output (full training provided)
- Schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis
- Maintain and update information held on a data base or manually
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Experience of using a range of IT databases and must have proficient experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
This role will be full time, requiring working Monday to Friday from shifts between 8am to 6pm. A non-negotiable pay rate of £10.02 for the first 12 weeks then rising to £12.48 on the 13th week of work onwards.
You must also have a UK passport to be considered for this role. If offered the role, it may take up to 6 weeks to get clearance to start. This would be ideal for anyone that already has SC clearance to avoid the 6 weeks wait.
We are expecting a high volume of applications for this position which may mean that we are unable to contact every applicant. Please apply for the role online if you feel that you have the suitable skill set for this position.