Lovely role within a busy Procurement and Contract Team at a fast-growing financial services company.
A high profile and unique financial services company who are also a non-departmental government body.
Based in Canary Wharf and working with a strong team of experienced procurement specialists. They offer a modern, supportive team environment to work in.
Initial 6-month contract - sits outside IR35 and would offer some great experience as the bulk of expenditure is on external services and you'd be able to build on your OJEU expertise.
As Procurement and Contract Specialist you will work within the Procurement and Contracts Team and report daily to the Head of Procurement.
- Managing and supporting the Contract Manager on various contract management processes (including change control and contract variations, contractual obligations management).
- End to end procurement projects (low value) requirements and tender activities
- Help to maintain the contracts database
- Contract management activities and contract processes relating to main 3rd party provider
- Day to day liaison with the contractor's commercial team
- Commercial/contractual formalities including drafting and issuing formal agreements
- Providing contractual and commercial advice to organisation.
I'm looking for a Procurement Contract Specialist who has experience supporting commercial service agreements within public sector. You will be able to demonstrate some experience within:
- Running end to end procurement exercises including drafting tender documents and evaluating tenders
- Good understanding of public procurement regulations and practices including the EU directives
- Experience of using on-line tender portals
- Experience of supporting commercial agreements in either the public or private sector.
- Good understanding of how contractual arrangements work at an operational level.
- Fair knowledge of contract law and an ability to advise on contract and commercial aspects including those instances where a claim or conflict arises.
- Familiarity of contract management
- A team player willing to support other team members
- Experience of working within Government Contract Management functions would be desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of contract law or legal knowledge advantageous