NHS Arden & GEM
Job Title - Procurement Assistant/Administrator
Start date - asap
Temp hourly rate - £8.91 per hour increasing to £10.09/hr after 12 weeks
Duration -3 months initially
Role Type: Full Time working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Brook Street are very pleased to be recruiting for the NHS just on the outskirts of Derby City Centre. The role is for a temporary Procurement Assistant, working full-time, Monday to Friday, 37hrs.
The role requires the successful candidates to carry out, but not limited to, the following:
- Act as first point of contact for the department
- To ensure all expenditure is in line with NHS England Financial Instructions and CCG constitution document
- General ad-hoc office duties.
- Set up and manage in conjunction with the procurement team online catalogues on the Oracle e-procurement system to support the day to day requisitioning of goods and services.
- To support the timely achievement of internal Key Performance indicators including the management of savings targets, contractual spend targets and individual customer specific targets
- Play an active role in driving customer service including assisting the development of effective communication with CCG customers to ensure effective management of CCG spend.
- Support in the management of a range of corporate contracts including but not limited to IT, Telecoms, Travel, FM, Agency, Capital.
- Able to work on own initiative and unsupervised, within defined policies and procedures to set timescales.
- Have a flexible/adaptable approach to their work in order to meet various deadlines.
- Responsible for organising meetings and planning any administrative work as required. Use on-line travel booking system to book train tickets and hotel accommodation.
- The post holder will not be required to exert physical effort to carry out duties required for this role. There will be frequent sitting for a substantial part of the working day
- There is a requirement for the post holder to concentrate on work elements and there may be conflicting and competing requirements. The role will require post holders to deal appropriately with sensitive information
- There may be exposure to distressing or emotional topics because of the clinical services required by our customer base. The aim of Arden & GEM CSU is to coach and support individuals through these work/life experiences
- The role is office based with occasional travel to Arden and GEM CSU internal and external customers across a wide geographical area required. Although working from home is currently in place due to COVID-19
- Excellent customer service experience with good IT skills will be required for these roles to ensure the smooth running of the courts. Experience of handling potentially stressful situations whilst remaining calm is desirable.
- The role is for 3 months - possibly extending, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, 37hrs per week at £8.91/hr, increasing to £10.09 after 12 worked weeks.
- If this sounds the ideal role for you and would like to apply, then please send your CV in word format to the PSR Team at Nottingham.
- You will be subject to a Basic DBS check and 3 years full referencing. You will also require photographic ID ie current passport. If using a current drivers licence photocard, you will need to provide your original long birth certificate and proof of NI.