I am recruiting for a Logistics Procurement Officer (Purchasing/Pricing) based near Birmingham Airport; ideally from the Sea Freight logistics industry. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a 'family feel' Logistics company where it is all about delivering the best customer service.
You will be responsible for the negotiating and purchasing for the freight space from shipping line and air cargo suppliers on a daily basis, you will procure ad-hoc and short-term pricing contracts. You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to build strong and loyal relationships.
My client is a leading British logistics provider headquartered in Birmingham. They operate ocean freight and air freight services with a portfolio of inbound and outbound clients.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Liaise with numerous shipping lines and air cargo suppliers on a daily basis constantly negotiating new prices
- Negotiate and re-negotiate rates with carriers that are beneficial to customers.
- Provide quotations to customers, within short timescales, taking account of transit times, routes, and opportunities for minimising customer costs by utilising sharing between carriers.
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of market fluctuations in rates and charge
- Ensure requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently
- Communication with overseas agents and clients is clear precise and effective
- Accurate & timely reporting to department manager
- Experience in freight forwarding purchasing/procurement
- Sea freight pricing experience is essential - Air freight would be a bonus
- Experience of negotiating and purchasing freight space for shipping
- Experience of negotiating rates/prices with a number of shipping liners on a daily basis
- Ability to build loyal relationships both with suppliers and customers
- International experience and exposure plus the ability to work with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines and hauliers
- Experience of managing client/customer relations with Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers.
- A good awareness of spreadsheets and the ability to produce reports and use formulas to manipulate data.
- The capacity to work in a high-pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure.
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
- A positive attitude and good problem-solving skills.
- The drive to succeed and want to make a contribution to the business.
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE FREIGHT PROCUREMENT EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience
- 28 days including Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***