*** Temporary Role - Procurement / Ledger Officer ***
Hours: Monday - Friday: 830am - 5pm
Pay: £11.36 - £12.41
I am currently recruiting for a Procurement / Ledger Officer within the Education Sector.
You will be Responsible for the professional and efficient handling of payments to, and relationships with, suppliers and partners of the Procurement/Ledger Team whilst Ensuring that the Procurement/Ledger Team operates within transparent and objective procedures that are aligned with Financial Regulations and the values of the College.
- To ensure that payments to, and relationships with, suppliers and partners are managed using a professional and systematic approach.
- Ensure that purchase invoices are processed for payment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review on a monthly basis the aged creditors list and the registered invoices list with the Procurement Manager, and ensure all ledges are kept accurate and up to date.
- Attend meetings with Budget Holders in order to inform of any changes to procedures, and to resolve any issues arising.
- To prioritise payments in a systematic and objective way and in line with the College values in order to ensure that business drivers/student needs are met, whilst working within the College cash flow.
- To prepare BACS and cheque payment batches for suppliers and learners to agreed timetables, for review by the Procurement Manager.
- Promote regular, accurate and proactive communication, whether it be verbal or written, with internal and external stakeholders of the Procurement/Ledger Team.
- Develop new procedures and documents to improve the efficiency of the service provision to internal and external stakeholders.
- The Procurement Ledger Officer will provide accurate, timely and auditable assistance in the administration of the College procurement process, ensuring that processes are fully compliant with current College Financial Regulations and to support the procure to pay process.
- Assist Procurement Manager with procurement and tender exercises.
- Assisting colleagues with the process of Quote/Tender Exemption Forms and Supplier set up process
- Work closely with the cross College departments to promote and execute the vision of Procurement within the organization
- Actively following up orders on request by checking acknowledgements and progressing orders.
- Assist with providing reports on supplier performance and assist in the resolution of supplier disputes
- Undertake the review of requisitions referred to the procurement team for approval. Support the Procure to Pay process by investigating and querying orders.
- Minimum Level 2 in Maths and English or equivalent
- Experience of working in a financial environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Team Player
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and work without continuous supervision
- A positive and independent approach
- Tact, diplomacy and empathy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- DBS on the Updates System
- Other relevant qualifications
- AAT Diploma
- Business Administration Level 2
- Familiar with Unit 4 Finance Database
- 2 years purchase ledger experience
Please apply today if you fit the above criteria or to find out more please call Grace on 0121 480 8209.
***We will respond to all successful applications within 1 working day, if you have not heard back from one of the team in this time then unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***