We at Brook Street have a fantastic Procurement Support opportunity in Runcorn. This is a fixed term role until the end of April 2020 working for one of our government clients. This role will be working full time, and will be a great opportunity to gain varied and valuable experience in procurement within a government department.
The duties will include but not be restricted to;
- Responsible for the delivery of framework agreements tendering programme on behalf of the client in compliance with public contracts regulations 2015
- Accountable for determining requirements to engage legal advice to support procurement and contract management
- Accountable for compliance with Standing Financial instructions
- Responsible for implementing complex procurements for high value framework agreements of a value up to/in excess of £350m pa
- Develops and delivers appropriate evaluation methods for tenders including those for complex treatment interventions
- Responsible for identifying non-compliant offers and manage any implications
- Provide high quality and timely leadership of tender delivery
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate the below;
- In-depth working knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework relevant to public sector procurement, including EU procedures and central Government policy
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) ideally qualified or working towards it
- Evidence of development and/or delivery of robust and persuasive procurement category strategies including option appraisal, market intelligence, spend analysis, risk management and bench marking.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and the use of bespoke tendering and contracting software.
If this position is something you think would be suitable for you, please get in touch on 01512426106 to speak to the public sector team regarding these roles.