Job Title - Product Development Technologist
Salary - Discussed at interview stage, dependant on experience / negotiable
Location - Sherburn in Elmet (LS25)
Hours of work- Monday- Friday 8am- 5pm (however flexibility around core working hours is essential)
Reporting directly to the Site Development Manager, working alongside all other stakeholders to the business.
Supports delivery of NPD, EPD and VAVE (value adding, value engineered) projects for the Sherburn site, for the customer base from project approval to concept launch.
To always work with passion and pride demonstrating this through results and in-depth knowledge of food and site processes. While responsibilities are site based there will be the requirement for travel between sites and to customers
Main responsibilities are-
- Understands what a good job looks like (WAGJLL) for internal and customer panels
- Can manage and support with panels and present to retailer with confidence and demonstrate knowledge.
- Independently assesses samples for customer sign off panels and seeks sample sign off with NPD manager/controller before dispatch to customer
- Understands WGJLL for customer specific and internal paperwork; Accurately completes in full and in a timely manner
- Work towards developing products that meet commercial aspirations and follows costings process within required timescales
- Sources components and completes new raw material forms for initial approval. Once approved for launch completes new raw material applications to generate supplier specifications for approval in an accurate and timely manner.
- Capable of selecting key product attributes that deliver commercial aspiration.
- Understands relationship between ingredient usage, minimum order quantities, shelf life and the cost impact if any one variable changes.
- With support of line manager, ensure operational engagement is in place before presenting paper ideas or innovation product to customers.
- With support of line manager develops products that meet the retailer brief by considering the value proposition model.
- Able to drive from scratch a recipe that fits with the site operational competencies. Aware of retailer brand standards and with support develops products that meet them.
- With support of line manager, delivers strategic projects in line with site / retailer plans
- With support of line manager can write a detailed critical path from brief to launch and has a general understanding of timings and specific customer requirements / steps that need to be considered.
- Understands the critical path for projects they work and with support of line manager, executes requires tasks in line with critical path.
- Demonstrates good customer service, both internally and externally
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
- Computer literate
- Familiar with machinery and processes within the factory
- Must be able to work well both as an individual / self-starter and within a team
- Demonstrates passion in all that they do
- Ability to create a favourable first impression, project yourself well and present with confidence
- Demonstrate a genuine interest and understanding of food
- Must be comfortable working and being hands on both in the factory and office environment
- Level 2 H&S awareness.
- Understanding of relevant risk assessments and trained as competent to safe working procedures.
- Understanding and application of hazard identification and near miss reporting.
- Great communication and organisational skills
- Ability to build positive relationships
- Work as a team player and demonstrate great passion
- Be flexible and have attention to detail.