Product Executive, Whiteley
£18,000 -£22,000, depending on experience
Do you have a passion for travel and an interest in the tourism industry?
Want to work in a great atmosphere and modern offices?
Are you looking for a company where you can progress and have the opportunity to travel to exciting destinations across the world?
Brook Street are delighted to present an exciting opportunity to work with a rapidly growing and award-winning specialist Tour Operator who are looking for a Product Executive with excellent attention to detail and an analytic and logical mind.
Who's right for the job?
- Strong educational achievements preferably to include either business, language or a Travel and Tourism qualification.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to assess, interpret and understand data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications in particular Excel.
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Be a logical thinker and use initiative.
- Written and spoken proficiency in languages is preferable but not essential (Fluent in French or Italian is desirable).
What's in it for you?
In return you will be offered a solid base salary of between £18k - £22k depending on experience. You will be given great career and progression opportunities as well as 22 days holiday + bank holidays. Holiday will increase based on length of service up to a max of 30 days + bank holidays.
The company also operates a pension scheme, details of which will be provided upon commencement and a Life Insurance of up to 4 x salary. You will get to work within a modern open plan office with good facilities, free parking and within close proximity of a small local shopping centre. The team are a friendly bunch and enjoy social events, some of which are subsidised by the company.
In addition, to all the above benefits, the successful candidate will go on educational trips abroad so a valid passport is vital!
About the job:
Reporting to and assisting the Product Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day product requirements and delivery of saleable, competitive and profitable products in line with company objectives and targets.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
To assist the Product Manager in all aspects of product management, yield control and maintenance responsibilities of which will include but are not exclusive of:
- Monitoring competitor activity with respect to price, content and new developments.
- Analysis of Flight seat availability and costs, plus booking & market trends to identify pricing adjustments required to be competitive.
- Maintaining accurate product and inventory related content within in-house reservations system, websites and company intranet, ensuring that all holiday elements are accurately loaded and available for sale.
- Monitoring sales and taking appropriate actions in order to achieve the highest conversion and yield possible.
- Monitoring and maintenance of system relating to flight, room and holiday component stock, identifying opportunities and highlighting where additional stock may be required to achieve optimum sales.
- Identifying special offer content and prices; ensuring that information is communicated via effective marketing channels for mailers, e-shots and other mechanisms to both trade and direct clients.
- Producing clear, concise and accurate reporting on sales and product performance on weekly, monthly and ad hoc basis as well as competitor analysis.
- Act as key support to the Sales and Admin Departments relating to customer queries, availability and price.
- Key liaison with suppliers and resort offices relating to customers, accommodation and other holiday component availability.
- Involvement in the organisation of familiarisation and press trips.
- Maintaining clear and effective communications with all departments.
Let's get started!
This is a permanent full-time position with a start in January 2019 or as soon as possible. This would suit someone who has worked previously in an analytic or operations based role, who is extremely detail driven and who has a passion for travel and providing an excellent client experience.
If you are interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: https://www.brookstreet.co.uk/account/registration.aspx. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Ben at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to .