My Client are looking for ongoing temporary Production Operatives to support the workload and the Production Team Leader with general day to day running of the production department and work on a shift pattern basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- To work with the team leader and other operatives to achieve production targets and maximise efficiency.
- The candidate needs to ensure that they are ready to commence work at the defined start-time.
- Ensure that product is rotated to minimise waste.
- The candidate may be required to be complete the following tasks within the grading process:
- Machine loader
- Bedend (packing)
- Print (rationals/checks)
- CP12 operation
- Line (pulling away, Costii)
- Programmer / Checker
- Tray wash
- Additional, yet undefined, roles within the grading process
- The candidate will need to conduct any necessary training required for the role. The jobholder should be open to working in different areas within the production process where required.
- Identify areas of inefficiency and waste and suggest improvements to the line manager/team leader.
- Be mindful of product quality, integrity and traceability. Ensure work is completed to a high-standard, and all necessary documentation is completed. Report any concerns to the relevant line manager.
- The site is committed to being "audit-ready" at all times. Therefore, it is imperative that site hygiene, health & safety, and document control are always all in line with customer specifications.
- Maintain a respectful and constructive working relationship with colleagues and managers
Training and Education -
The candidate may be expected to complete training in the following areas. The requirements will be dependent on the jobholder`s previous experience, knowledge, qualifications, and the demands of the specific activities.
- Health & Safety
- Manual handling
- Manual/Electric pallet truck
- Safe systems of work
- Food handling/hygiene
The production process requires manual handling to an estimated maximum of 16 kilos. The bedend process requires repetitive bending. Several areas require the use of manual pallet trucks. The successful candidate should have a reasonable level of fitness and should report any conditions that may be aggravated by the required activities.
The positions will work on a shift pattern with an hourly rate of £8.45 per hour which can also include weekends and nights with plenty of overtime available. Due to the location, the candidate will have to be able to get on site by car, so a driving license is preferred.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this position, please apply online or call Bradley on 01522 528115 for further information.