Are you able to work in a methodical manner, following established procedures with a right first time approach and attention to detail? Then this might be a great opportunity for you to join a world leading company in their industry.
You will have to move various samples through from press to test, which requires skillful operation of equipment, attention to detail and the ability to communicate well with all parts of the business. Although research by its nature is un-predicable, good manufacturing principles underpin good and timely science and the ability to solve problems, maintain equipment and find ways to optimize processes is critical.
Duties and tasks
- Operation of HPHT synthesis presses, including loading/unloading/cleaning, process monitoring, anvil & die wear/deformation recording
- Preparation of capsule components, including conditioning & building
- Contribute towards a positive H&S culture, which targets 'Zero Harm
- Monitor machine condition & behaviour, conduct operator maintenance tasks
- Record & report output
- Pro-actively contribute in WCM activities, including Practical Problem Solving, 5s, TPM & Standardisation
- Modify capsule components as required by turning or milling as needed
- Follow the production plan and communicate any issues with the workload
- Processing of pressed capsules, as required
- Support other areas when required, including PreSynthesis, Processing and Maintenance
- Candidates must thrive in a diverse environment and be flexible in response to operational demand.
- Candidates must be able to work in a methodical manner, following established procedures with a right first time approach and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of health and safety standards as well as quality procedures.
- A diligent worker with a keen eye for detail.
- Familiar with MS Office tools is highly desirable.
- Good communication skills, conscientious mindset with a "can-do" attitude.
- Advantage to have some experience machining unconventional materials such as ceramics or salt.
- Advantage to have some experience/knowledge of lean principles.
- Prepared to work an alternating shift pattern: 6am - 2pm, 13:45 - 21:45. A monthly shift disturbance - allowance will be paid if working shift.
If you are interested to learn more about this than please apply with your CV or call our Abingdon Branch at 01235 706100 and ask for Valentin.