My client is a market leading innovation company who are looking for a Production Planner todevelop and manage scheduling for serial and NPI production parts. Provide guidance and support to the Operations team to maximize scheduling efficiencies and support planning for increased move rates.
- Order Scheduling: Schedule orders from customers to meet their requests, in consideration of available capacity and materials.
- On time delivery: Plan & organise manufacturing to ensure that products are delivered on time.
- Customer Service: Give excellent customer service by scheduling orders promptly, and working flexibly to customer requests, enquiries & changes in delivery requirements.
- Work Scheduling: Use Materials Requirement Planning system to construct weekly schedules for each manufacturing location. Release jobs to final assembly in test in accordance with job start date.
- Attend NPI meetings with Engineering to ascertain Product specification and timeframes to enable to coordinate with
- Capacity planning: Determine available capacity of manufacturing locations by analysis of production load, build rates and staff availability. Use capacity planning tools to support customer order scheduling and identify resource requirements.
- Cycle Time: Continuously reduce product lead times.
- Schedule Adherence / Monitoring: Work daily within Operations to ensure material is moving around the business in accordance with plan.
- Material Planning: Coordinate with Supply Chain on anticipated material shortages and ensure internal suppliers maintain continuity of supply.
- Sales liaison: Produce weekly shipment list and communicate to Sales team.
- RMAs: Ensure the highest level of customer service is achieved with quality and speed of response.
Monitoring & Analysis
- Output Capacity: Monitor and compile data to determine output vs. targets for manufacturing locations. Adjust Capacity plan accordingly.
- Quality analysis: Produce Weekly Report analysing shipment values, quality and delivery performance and contribute to continuous improvement by recommending & implementing preventative & corrective measures.
- Capacity Planning
- Customer/project plans
Who are you:
- Experience of working within a manufacturing business
- Experience planning NPI Production schedules
- Experience of using an MRP system (e.g SAP)
- Relevant production planning or scheduling experience
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good Mircrosoft Office (Excel, Outook etc) skills
- Accurate and organized
- Experience in producing capacity plans and scheduling reports
- Recognized qualification in Planning
- Experience of working in a high-tech environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- MRP skills
- Microsoft Outlook skills
- Accuracy and numeracy skills
- Clerical administration skills
- Kitting and issuing
The Production Planner should be a strong team player with very good communication skills. They should be flexible and adaptable in their hours and tasks depending on the levels of workload and needs of the business. They should be able to work independently without too much direction and take responsibility for decisions made. The Production Planner should have a strong awareness of the organization. They should be creative and innovative to enable the company to move forwards.
All employees are expected to strive to meet the company values of Excellence, Energy, Contribution, Integrity and Innovation
Start Date ASAP, working hours will be Monday - Friday
Due to the site rules the successful candidate must be a non-smoker/Vaper
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vanessa at 02380 683 444 or apply now