Position: Production Team Leader
Location: Standlake - Witney - Oxfordshire
Deliver fresh food as part of our friendly team - and enjoy some tasty rewards We`re looking for organised, hard-working people to join the Noble Foods Production team. As a Production Operative, you`ll work in a cutting-edge packing centre where you`ll help us get thousands of eggs (or other foods) to customers nationwide. It`s all about working together to meet targets and ensure the job gets done. That means you need to be good with people and brilliant in a team. You`ll also need to know about Health & Safety as well as Food Hygiene. We`ll expect you to follow hygiene standards, minimise waste and keep a close eye on food quality.
Why Noble Foods? It`s a chance to be part of an innovative, fast-moving business with a £600m+ turnover - and very humble beginnings. Our story started in 1920 when William Dean sold eggs door to door from a basket. A hundred years later, we`re providing major stores and businesses with a range of much-loved brands. They include Big & Fresh, Heritage Breeds, Purely Organic and The Happy Egg Co., Britain`s market leader. Noble Foods also includes the Gü Puds Group, creators of drop-dead gorgeous desserts.
We offer a range of appetising benefits plus training and development in return for your hard work:
- Stakeholder Pension
- Special staff prices for eggs (a reduced rate per dozen)
- Staff offers on chicken
- PerkBox - a range of discounted items including cinema tickets, free drink of your choice per month from a High Street Coffee retailer and free mobile phone insurance
- Enhanced holiday scheme, which increases with length of service
- Sick Pay Scheme above statutory minimum, increasing with length of service (after qualifying period)
- Follow the company Health & Safety guidelines Identify areas of inefficiency and waste
- To be mindful of product quality, integrity and tractability.
- To complete to a high-standard, and all necessary documentation is completed
- Work closely with the production operatives to develop a dynamic and positive attitude to the challenges of a busy production department
- Assist the Shift Manager in focusing on the key performance indicators (KPIs) identified by the business, and work towards achieving and surpassing agreed targets
- Follow production plans, as instructed by the Production Planners, to satisfy customer service levels, maximise productivity and minimise waste
- Ensure that all product specifications are followed by the production team. Ensure that egg-type, packaging, and labels are always correct
- Identify and develop potential within the team, and work closely with the Shift Manager in ensuring the correct training and support is given
- Foster a constructive working relationship with all departments and ensure lines of communication are open
- Experience within production
- Experience leading/supervising a team
- Driven and motivated
- Driver with own vehicle (non-drivers to be based within a 5-mile radius)
- Health & Safety
- Supervisory qualifications related to the role
- Manual handling
- Manual/Electric pallet truck
- Safe systems of work
- Food handling/hygiene
Physical: The production process requires manual handling to an estimated maximum of 16 kilos. The bedend process requires repetitive bending. Several areas require the use of manual pallet trucks. The jobholder should have a reasonable level of fitness and should report any conditions that may be aggravated by the required activities.
Requirements: Driver with own vehicle - (non-drivers to be located within a 5-mile radius) Team Oriented and a great work drive.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply today!