I am recruiting for Production Team Leader working for a global automotive supplier. Working the double day shifts (6-2 and 2-10), this position is offering a negotiable package including shift uplift and will be based at their Telford plant.
As a global manufacturing business, they specialise in high pressure die-casting that designs and builds medium to large aluminium die-cast automotive components.
Reporting to the Productions Upstream Manager you will be responsible for the supervision of the production on site, ensuring a safe working environment and that the production output targets are being achieved and all customer demands met. You will also be responsible for the day to day management of your Engineers, resolving any issues and performance matters.
You will work alterative weeks of a 6am-2pm shift and 2pm-10pm shift.
- Guarantee a safe working environment, including PPE Auditing, LOTO, COSHH
- Ensure all production processes conform to current quality standards
- Manufacture parts in time to satisfy customer demand
- Strive to improve production processes
- Daily organisation of Production Operators
- Leading your team and delivering Tier 1 daily meetings, supporting escalation when required
- Problem solving and Kaizen, seeking root cause for downtime or quality issues using CI tools
- Build and develop a high performing team addressing attendance issues, Return to Work and recognition of high performing individuals
- Lead investigations, resolve grievances and monitor absenteeism and take appropriate action where needed
- Monitor team performance via KPI`s and OEE
- Previous production line/manufacturing experience
- Experience of die-casting would be ideal
- Previous team leader and performance management experience
- CI Experience
- Experience of problem solving - 3C or similar methods
- Previous experience in the use of 5S or similar methods to improve a production environment
- Extensive understanding of H&S and experience of completing risk assessments
- Able to create SWIs
- KPI management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Able to commit to the rotational shift pattern
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Negotiable package depending on experience
- Rotational shift pattern
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Attractive pension, death in service and critical illness schemes
- Employee assistance programme and benefit scheme
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***