We are currently working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit an experienced Program Manager/Producer - Mixed Reality.
This is a contract role to start ASAP on an initial contract until 30th June 2021 with the possibility of an extension.
The role will be based remotely to begin with but will require some regular presence onsite at our client's offices in London Paddington once restrictions ease.
We are seeking a Program Manager to perform the critical role of partnering with external clients to create amazing experiences on our client's mixed reality product. The right candidate will be able to juggle external and internal needs while creating robust plans for successful product development, including building and managing the right team, creating goals for them to execute against, and driving the creative process. This role will engage with every discipline including art, design, dev, test, and business.
This is a Program Manager role for a Producer. They will be working closely with the technical teams and will need to have a strong understanding of technologies/development in order to have conversations and challenge the team. Experience of running Agile project is essential, we use our own version of Agile taking the elements that work best for us. They will be working directly with customers and working on customer deliverables.
This person needs to be energetic/proactive and enjoys what they do. Used to dealing with customers and making scope changes, working to tight deadline. Flexible working across multiple projects, mainly on customer projects, but also some internal projects.
Our client's talented team are impacting the world in beneficial ways each and every day. How often can you say that you are truly revolutionizing anything and really mean it??
Our aspirations are simple:
- We want to improve people's lives.
- Delight our customers and help discover (and ship) new experiences that positively impact the world!
Our client's Mixed Reality product and related technologies are going to change the way their customers think about computing. They are a multidisciplinary team of creative professionals that want to empower their customers to envision the possibilities of this technology and build the experiences of the future. There are many opportunities for innovation, and they've only scratched the surface.
- Production - Develop plans and lead end to end production process for individual projects.
- Projects - Manage multiple projects and deliverables with consistent communication to external and internal partners
- Scheduling - Define, track and report on the engagement process, from brainstorming and ideation, through execution of concept and prototype deliverables.
- Requirements - Work with internal and external partner teams to define and align on clear requirements and deliverables.
- Risks -Identify and mitigate project risks / dependencies.
- External - Coordinate with external vendors.
- Retrospectives - Collect, summarize, and provide discoveries from projects into engineering teams to influence engineering tradeoffs
- Support - Provide support to Marketing, PR, and other extended functions.
- Working knowledge of Scrum is required.
- 5+ years direct Production/Program Management experience designing, developing and delivering high quality interactive consumer or related industry experiences.
- Background or experience in creative or design positions is a plus
- A strong technical background and demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed with new technologies and the ability to provide leadership in a new space.
- Exceptional organization skills. Detailed and organized communication skills with clear, concise, and specific follow through on all action items.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity. Experience is required to deal with ambiguous situations and conditions, and an ongoing need to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly and frequently.
- Strong interpersonal communication and cross-team collaboration skills with the proven ability to work with, and build win-win relationships with, "creatives" (e.g. artists and game designers), technical people (e.g. developers), and non-technical people (e.g. PR and Marketing) alike. When conflicts occur, you bring people together, with careful listening, mitigation, and resolution skills.
- A high level of enthusiasm, ingenuity, self-motivation, resourcefulness and drive for results in a fast-paced competitive space. Must have a positive and team-oriented attitude.
- Proven ability to turn blue sky ideas from creative designers into real, tangible products and features
- Nice to have: Knowledge of 3D development, C# and Unit
Our client has placed particular emphasis on the following requirements;
- Agile/Scrum knowledge
- Working directly with customers on customer deliverables - customer facing skills
- Technical Background; Game experience (not essential, but good to have shipping apps + mobile shipping software)
Deadline for applications: Friday 23rd April 2021 (although please submit your application asap)