Brook Street Recruitment is working on behalf of our client in Strabane to recruit an experienced Project Accountant.
The candidate for this job will need to have well-rounded experience across a wide range of accountancy/finance functions; preferably Project Accounting.
This new role will suit an enthusiastic and highly motivated person with the ability to work autonomously. As Project Accountant you will need to be confident in implementing strong financial controls and delivering reports to stakeholders internal and external.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Provide full accounting services on projects and be the point of contact for all financial reporting and accounting issues.
* Supporting set up of project budgets, forecasts and track project performance with the appropriate reports.
* Bookkeeping in accounting system including accounts payable and receivable
* Purchase Order Submissions.
* Monitor and challenge project costs to ensure expenditure is in line with budget
* Monitoring of internal activity via time sheets, approval of invoices and obtaining authorisation for additional costs.
* Ensure costs incurred are correctly recorded and identified with a view to back to back customer invoicing.
* Account for monthly project revenue recognition with appropriate treatment.
* Provide monthly financial analysis and commentary on financial results.
* Process and pay supplier invoices and employee expenses.
* Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and resolve discrepancies promptly.
* Proactively review and recommend improvements of processes and procedure to support future business growth.
* Record keeping
* Account reconciliation
* Invoice processing
* Purchase order processing
* Data entry
* Previous experience in delivering high level Accounting Project work.
* Ability to develop and implement quality procedures and systems.
* Highly analytical with excellent systems experience and EXCEL skills.
* Strong communication and presentation skills along with proven experience of influencing at varying levels.
If interested please send CV via the apply link