Northamptonshire office of Police, Fire and Crime commissioner are recruiting for a Project coordinator to work within the crime reduction unit based in the Northampton area
The post holder will be required to work alongside and with a range of post holders in Northamptonshire Police, Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue, Local Authorities and community organisations in order to develop and deliver a range of crime reduction and prevention initiatives.
- Develop and deliver agreed actions plans to ensure the Projects are delivered with agreed and tight timescales
- To formally represent the OPFCC at meetings and events as far as they relate to assigned responsibilities.
- Develop a communication strategy surrounding the deliverables of the project and ensure that all key stakeholders are kept informed and up to date with project progress.
- Work with Police crime prevention and local neighbourhood policing teams to establish best practice and adopt proven methods within action plans to maximise the success of our project
- Work with Businesses and local community groups to strengthen the alliance and make the implemented projects sustainable.
- Foster and maintain effective partnership working with external bodies, including Community Safety Partnerships and the communities of Northamptonshire, to assist in the delivery of crime and or fire reduction projects.
- Deliver presentations to staff, partner agencies and provide regular written project updates and verbal highlight reports to Northants OPFCC
- Support the OPFCC with wider Crime Reduction plans that fit the wider aim of helping improving community safety and making Northamptonshire a safer place to live.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic, professional and motivated individual, ideally with experience of managing and delivering successful crime prevention and reduction initiatives on the ground for local communities.
They will be able to work independently, with great time management skills and high levels of interpersonal skills.
A background in a crime prevention role is essential, and also be able to evidence their ability to effectively manage complex projects to tight timescales.
The contract is 37 hours per week, paying an hourly rate is between £15 - £17 per hour.