An exciting opportunity to join a growing public sector organisation as a Planning & Coordination Support Manager / Project Management Officer has arisen in the Cardiff area.
- Co-ordination of internal delivery of a programme of digital transformation projects
- Produce key elements of the annual and three year plans of the organisation
- Resource management including the sourcing of technology solutions and rolling out solutions
- Work with the planning team and key stakeholders to develop and run the ongoing planning process
- Provide analysis of performance against plan
- Develop opportunities to streamline the planning process through technology and integration with finance and workforce processes
- Project manage delivery to stated objectives within allocated resource and to time
- Sourcing and co-ordination of internal resources
- Managing risk, dependencies and constraints across planning
- Working with Programme and Projects to remove constraints
- Working closely with finance to ensure timely spend of funding and adherence to financial processes
Join the digital revolution of one of Wales' largest and most established Public Sector employer. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced PMO to join a great team.
Attitude is a hugely important area of the selection process and we're looking for candidates who can describe themselves comfortably as:
- Previous experience of corporate planning in particular resource management
- Knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects, e.g. PRINCE2 People and project management
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interpret complex information and present in easy to understand visuals and reports
- Drive and commitment to deliver
- Experience of Microsoft Sharepoint, Power BI, Automate and /or project management tools
You'll be joining a dynamic team of professionals who share the values of the business, so this could be a great opportunity to not only surround yourself with like minded people but actually on-board talent sharing this vision to develop the organisation further at all levels.
The successful candidate will act as the central point of contact for all communications within the department and organise / lead meetings and briefings. The successful candidate will be providing senior administrative support to both business as usual operations and projects across multiple areas of the organisation.
This is a permanent opportunity with a great suite of benefits for the successful candidate including an excellent starting salary, incremental increases with service, great holiday allowance, enhanced maternity, paternity & sickness pay and a hybrid/work from home setup.
Please apply now for further information.