Project Support Officer
Working from home
Salary - £14.41
Start date - 4th January 2021
6 months contract
As a Project Support Officer, you will be responsible for projects or work strands within complex projects or programmes. We need someone to help develop and initiate new projects by conducting pre-discovery to determine feasibility. You will optimally support and deliver specified elements of the Project, on budget, to specification and aligned with Project governance, ensuring the processes and experience are in line with departmental and ministerial requirements.
This role would suit someone who looking to develop themselves by working on a major and high-profile Civil Service change programme as well as for someone seeking to enter the PD profession providing they have the necessary transferable skills
- Support the project/programme to deliver the required outcomes
- Build and apply knowledge of your programmes/projects, and relevant subject matter;
- Monitor and lead progress of delivery against the project or Programme plan, raising issues through agreed governance for any changes to scope, benefit or cost;
- Handle risks, issues and dependencies, raising where needed. Work with a diverse range of partners across the organisation taking account of their levels of influence and interests, ensuring all individuals have been engaged in the development and deliverable initiatives;
- Supporting/contributing to the business cases that justify projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks.
- Supporting the design and development of appropriate implementation products to ensure success of change within the business.
- Providing visible leadership and encouraging line management across the strand and programme, to all grades and to stakeholders engaged in own area of responsibility.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Able to demonstrate the professional credibility required to work collaboratively across project and organisational boundaries;
- Ability to flex across a range of priorities and deliver quality outcomes in a fast paced environment
- Initiating and leading project workshops and events
- Supporting the Programme Director, Programme Manager and Senior Project Manager in their project delivery responsibilities
- Ensuring the project remains aligned with programme and departmental priorities and does not duplicate work being done elsewhere in the programme or business environment
- A desire to continue to learn and develop as a professional
If you have the required skills please do apply today!