Our client is seeking an experienced Project Support Officer to join their team on a full-time, temporary basis for an 18 month assignment The rate of pay is £12.34 an hour. Holiday entitlement and pension scheme available.
To support the Transition Team Programme Manager, and appropriate workstream lead to develop and deliver the required programme of work. To assist in the development and management of the project plans, offering updates as directed and provide a professional support function including administrative duties.
CORE WORK AREAS
1. Plan, develop and monitor the project work streams making use of specialist tools where required, (Gantt Charts) seeking support and advice where required
2. Prepare project documentation and reports as directed by the Project manager and appointed Project Assurance roles and agree them with the Project Board when required.
3. Manage project Risks and issues as directed by the Partnerships and Delivery Manager.
4. Take responsibility for progress and use of resources and initiate corrective action where necessary as delegated by the workstream lead or programme manager
5. Under guidance from the workstream lead or programme manager, liaise with stakeholders in the force and partners, ensuring any issues raised are resolved or directed to the most appropriate resource.
6. Conduct research when necessary.
7. Provide timely and relevant information to the force staff and partners offering reassurance and engendering confidence in the project
8. Carry out general administration tasks including meeting minutes.
9. Be responsible for change control and any required configuration management.
10. Ensure that all project documentation is completed and kept up to date in accordance with the requirements defined within PRINCE2 methodology.
11. Liaise with programme management or related projects to ensure work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
12. Any other duties falling within the overall remit and grading of the post.
13. To ensure appropriate links with other projects and strategies within Lincolnshire Police and ensure that appropriate ownership is taken of risks and dependencies between projects is identified and managed appropriately.
14. To develop key work streams of the business transformation programme in close liaison with the programme manager and other stakeholders to ensure service improvement and efficiency savings.
15. To act up in the absence of the workstream lead where appropriate
General administrative experience, producing well-written & concise reports, including minutes.
Experience of managing projects under PRINCE2
Able to communicate effectively at all levels, including verbal and written methods.
Demonstrate questioning, listening, and observation techniques to obtain relevant information
Able to work under pressure, and prioritise their own work against competing deadlines
Able to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people
Able to demonstrate creativity in utilising different communication methods to engage stakeholders
Able to accept and embrace change, and encourage others to do the same
Well-organised and methodical with an eye for detail
A formal qualification in Project
Management (e.g. PRINCE2 Foundation
Certificate, PRINCE2 Practitioner)
Proficient in MS Office
Full Driving Licence
£12.34 per hour
Apply on line today!!