Are you passionate about working with people at risk of becoming homeless?
We`re currently recruiting for our client situated in a fantastic supported living service in Burgess Hill for individuals between the ages of 16 - 25. The residents are at risk of becoming homeless and display various types of anti-social and challenging behaviour.
This vacancy is supporting individuals between the ages of 16-25 at risk of becoming homeless in a hostel environment.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Regular Patrol of the building - interacting with both staff and residents.
- Being a positive role model and promoting independent living with the residents.
- Working as part of a team and dealing with hostile situations which may occur.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have experience working within a mental health sector and substance misuse.
- Be a good listener and clear communication skills when interacting with the residents.
- Be firm but fair - you will be in situations where you will be dealing with challenging behaviour.
We can offer you:
Flexible hours including long days and waking nights
opportunities to work in other services
Holiday and pension
To be considered for this role you must have experience working with vulnerable young people. For further information please call Sachea at BS Social Care on 02089181420.