Are you passionate about working with people at risk of becoming homeless?
We're currently recruiting for our client situated in a fantastic supported living service in Horsham for 50 individuals between the ages of 16 - 25. The residents are at risk of becoming homeless and display various types of anti-social and challenging behaviour.
This vacancy is supporting individuals between the ages of 16-25 at risk of becoming homeless in a hostel environment.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Regular Patrol of the building - interacting with both staff and residents.
- Being a positive role model and promoting independent living with the residents.
- Working as part of a team and dealing with hostile situations which may occur.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have experience working within a mental health sector and substance misuse.
- Be a good listener and clear communication skills when interacting with the residents.
- Be firm but fair - you will be in situations where you will be dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Flexibility to increase or decrease your availability on a week by week basis.
- Competitive hourly pay rate of £9 per hour.
- Holiday pay.
- Pension scheme.
- Ongoing support from your dedicated consultant.
For further information please call Sachea on 02089181420.