I am recruiting for an experienced Property Manager covering the Nottingham area; working for a national renowned Property Services business you have the opportunity to receive a package of up to circa £34,000 including a car allowance.
You'll have your own block portfolio (between 500-1000 units) of residential properties to manage, made up of apartment blocks, estates and mixed residential and commercial properties. You'll be expected to make sure residents' issues are resolved, contractors are appointed, yearly block budgets are planned, individual block finances are managed, queries are answered, and properties are well maintained.
This role will require 1 day based out of the Nottingham City Centre office, 2 days visiting blocks within your allocated portfolio and 2 days based from home. (Full driving license is essential)
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Manage a portfolio of properties (multiple blocks and anywhere up to 1000 units)
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of Residential Property Management
- Meet leaseholders and clients regularly to maintain good relationships
- Ensure resident queries are resolved
- Ensure the maintenance and upkeep of your blocks
- Liaise with contractors and arrange any work that needs completing
- Review and tender service contracts
- Manage separate finances/budgets for all of your blocks/units within your portfolio
- Prepare reports and monitoring arrears
- Seek client approval of budgets and year-end accounts
- Carry out and oversee Section 20 consultations on long term agreements and qualifying major works
- Upsell on existing services to residents i.e. insurances, building consultancy services etc.
- Full UK driving license with access to your own car
- At least 2 years' experience in a property/block management role involving Leasehold and Estate Management
- People-focused, self-motivated and a positive person
- An approach to service that keeps customers happy and close
- A natural tendency to look for - and find - solutions to problems
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- The ability to communicate clearly, simply and effectively in writing and in person
- Experience of reviewing financial data and accounts and setting service charge budgets for multiple blocks
- The organisation gene that means you use your time well and prioritise tasks wisely
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and a habit of staying up to date
- Initiative and influencing skills in spades
- An IRPM qualification would be ideal
- Experience of managing site staff/contractors
- Flexible with working above the standard hours to attended evening meetings when required and travel in and around the Birmingham area
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUS BLOCK MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE AND YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE ***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £30,000 basic salary dependent on experience
- £4200 annual car allowance (£350 per month)
- Monday - Friday 9-5 (37.5 hour working week)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension scheme - 4% employer/5% employee
- Death in service
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please click apply or call Caroline on 0115 8793500 for a confidential discussion
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***