Job title: Admin Assistant
Hourly rate: £9.50
Contract: Temp - 6 month with possibility of extension
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Part time evenings Monday to Friday between 5pm - 10pm
At Her Majesty`s Passport Office (HM Passport Office) we`re now expanding our Administrative Team to ensure the public gets the best possible service, both now and in the future. If you`re an organised individual with a good eye for detail, why not put your invaluable skills to good use and support the nation by becoming an essential key player in everyday life!
We are the sole issuer of UK passports, delivering 6 million passports to the UK population every year. We`re also responsible for the passport validation service (PVS) and for civil registration services through the General Register Office (GRO) - therefore CTC (Counter Terrorist Check) clearance will be required by all successful candidates.
This is an exciting 6 months contract with the possibility of being extended for a further 6 months, allowing you the opportunity to work for a nationally-recognised support function - ultimately taking your work experience to the next level!
As a Passport Officer/Support Clerk, you`ll tackle a range of administrative tasks. Day to day, you will:
- Support your unit with admin, coordinating and move applications, letters and files within and to other HM Passport offices.
- Record application data on our systems and print passport books
- Link incoming queries with the corresponding case files for processing.
- Send out correspondence to customers using the correct mail services.
- Maintain security and confidentiality at all times.
- Work flexibly and give colleagues a helping hand.
The public are relying on us to process and deliver passports quickly and accurately. It`s therefore important that you`re:
- Team-orientated and a clear communicator
These roles are part time evenings, Monday to Friday working 5pm to 10pm, equating to 25 hours each week. HMPO are allowing flexibility around the total hours each week, the minimum you could work is 12 hours, this may suit applicants with another role or at University for example.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- 34 days holiday
Please note that some duties may involve physical work including light lifting and the transfer of boxes of work between business areas. We`ll provide full manual handling training.
To be part of a friendly team that performs a critical role, apply now!