Brook Street (UK) Ltd are delighted to be recruiting Public Sector Accounts Payable Officer`s for our leading Public Sector client based in Dundonald.
This role will be starting immediately and is expected to last several months. Most roles across Northern Ireland, we have placed candidates into with The Education Authority Northern Ireland have been extended beyond the original time-frame, some of our candidates have secured promotions within the organisation, and others have been successful in securing fixed-term contracts directly with our client.
As Accounts Payable Officer, you will perform effective administrative duties for the daily functional and operational staff within the Accounts Payable department. You will be responsible for the weekly processing of Payments, on a computerised system, in respect of all non-salary expenditure.
You will be proficient in MS Packages such as Excel, Outlook, and Word. You will be confident in the daily use of spreadsheets and databases and will conduct calculations, word processing duties and financial reports as necessary.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MUST:
-Ensure that all invoices are properly authorised.
-Ensure that invoices are properly coded.
-Add supplier codes/cost codes and batching all invoices.
-Use of Oracle System.
-Complete the Preparation, coding and processing of all travel claims.
-Process payments to Sub-contractors
-Create and amend supplier master file records.
-Identify new Suppliers for creation.
-Provide an Accounts Section contact for specific schools, budget holders or suppliers
-Answer queries from Suppliers, Schools and Budget holders by email and by phone.
-Assist Team Leader with statistical returns
-Complete weekly filing and sorting/distributing office mail.
-Complete any other duties required by the Accounts Officer.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- NVQ Business Administration level 1 (or suitable administrative experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
- Contribute positively to Education Authority NI`s values and mission statement
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Competitive rates of pay
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
The rate of pay is £10.29 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Melissa at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 028 90 881100 or email your CV via the `Apply` link.