Brook Street (UK) Ltd are recruiting Assistant Category Officer's on behalf of our leading Public Sector client located in Armagh.
This role will be starting immediately and is expected to last several months. Most roles across Northern Ireland, we have placed candidates into with our Government Client have been extended beyond the original time frame, some of our candidates have secured promotions within the organisation, and others have been successful in securing fixed-term contracts directly with our client.
As Assistant Category Officer within the Procurement Department, you will provide efficient and effective administrative support for the daily functional and operational staff.
You will be proficient in MS Packages such as Excel, Outlook and Word. You will be confident in the daily use of spreadsheets and databases and will conduct typing and word-processing duties.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Provide effective administrative support
- He or she will follow set procedures
- Exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision
- Supervise and delegate tasks to a team in the absence of Senior Management
- Oversee administrative procedures and processes
- Assist with budget preparation and control, if required
- Act as an administrative liaison with internal and / or external source
- Prepare routine correspondence
Typical Qualifications and Experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Procurement experience is advantageous but not essential
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
- Contribute positively to Education Authority NI`s values and mission statement
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Competitive rates of pay
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back office support and mentoring
- Ability to work across school admissions teams in all admissions regions across NI.
- No weekend work (Shift pattern Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
The rate of pay is £10.89 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Melissa at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 028 90 881100 or email your CV via the `Apply` link.