Brook Street (UK) Ltd is working on behalf of our public sector client based within Northern Ireland's Education sector to secure an Executive Officer for their Procurement department.
Working between 0900 and 1700, Monday to Friday, the Executive Officer will provide routine administrative support tasks for the Procurement Department according to policies and procedures and will be tasked with providing administrative support in relation to all aspects of the service. The Executive Officer will be proficient in the use of IT software, updating databases, word-processing, typing, and utilising spreadsheets.
Duties will also include:
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and investigations, as required
- Assist in the collation of factual data and statistical information from various sources
- Prepare minutes, notes, and other clerical support to service as and when required
- Process purchase orders and invoices for payment in accordance with agreed Education Authority procedures
- Use initiative, tact, and diplomacy in responding to queries, issues and problems which arise within the section
- Deal with emails and verbal communications, including telephone enquiries received within the service
- Organise meetings on behalf of management and to assist in the administrative support associated with arranging meetings, courses, and training
- Undertake other duties, appropriate to the grade, as may from time-to-time be required by senior management team
- Work autonomously towards busy deadlines on several projects ensuring a standard of excellence is always met
Typical qualifications and experience required for this role:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent
- NVQ Business Administration level 1 (or suitable administrative experience)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word
This role is a Work from home role where ICT Equipment will be provided, and the rate of pay is £10.70 per hour. This is a temporary role, but many personnel placed by Brook Street (UK) Ltd stay much longer than the initial term they were placed for and many have been given contracts by our client already in 2021.
If you would like to apply for these roles, please call Melissa Grogan on 02890881100 or email your CV to Brook Street (UK) Ltd via the 'Apply' link.