Are you an experienced Personal Assistant? Do you wish to gain experience working with a Public Sector organisation?
Look no further...
Brook Street (UK) Ltd are recruiting HYBRID temporary-full time Personal Assistants to the Head of Communications for Northern Ireland`s leading Government Organisation based in Armagh.
Our client is a regional body with responsibility for the provision and delivery of education and youth services across Northern Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Personal Assistant who would like to grow and learn with a Public Sector organisation.
As Personal Assistant to Head of Communications, you will be confident in Minute taking, Diary Management and the use of MS Packages including Excel, Outlook, and Word. You will have the ability to arrange meetings and manage reminders on tasks and deadlines.
- Providing a high quality, confidential administrative support service across a diverse range of areas.
- Diary management including organising and prioritising diary commitments.
- Organising meetings, including collating papers, briefing delegates, greeting, and escorting visitors and making cost-effective travel arrangements.
- Minute taking as required.
- Answering and vetting all incoming calls, including media queries and whenever possible responding to callers directly by providing information or redirecting to an appropriate member of staff.
- Logging, prioritising, and tracking all correspondence from arrival, including high priority media queries, drafting responses where appropriate, redirecting to and following up on responses from other members of staff, updating the Assistant Director and bringing important issues and target dates to his/her attention.
- Typing, compiling, and issuing emails, letters, acknowledgements, minutes, memos, and reports. Circulating documents on the Assistant Director`s behalf. Collating inputs from various sources into a coordinated response.
- Using sources such as the intranet/internet, Hansard or press articles to research information.
- Maintaining records, ensuring that information is recorded, stored, managed and disposed of appropriately and in line with relevant guidance.
- Supporting the Assistant Director in managing his/her relationships with education and business partners at a senior level.
- In addition to the above, the post-holder will, in accordance with Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act (1998), be expected to promote Good Relations, Equality of Opportunity and pay due regard for Equality Legislation at all times.
- Any other duties, related to the role, which may arise from time to time.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent qualification
- Suitable Personal Assistant & administrative experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office & MS Teams
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
IN RETURN, YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Full training and induction
- Contribute positively to Education Authority NI`s values
- Competitive rates of pay
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
The rate of pay is £10.70 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Melissa Grogan at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on
028 90 881100 for a confidential chat or upload your CV today via the 'Apply' link