Brook Street (UK) Ltd are delighted to be working on behalf of one of the biggest Public Sector Organisation's that specialise in the delivery of educational support and youth services across Northern Ireland.
Our reputable client is seeking Senior Clerical Officer's to provide administrative and clerical support within the Peripatetic Literacy Service based in Dundonald.
Our clients Strategic Mission:
- Meet the LEARNING needs of our children and young people
- Provide EXCELLENT education support services
- Develop ALL OUR PEOPLE to carry out their jobs successfully
- Manage our RESOURCES efficiently and effectively
- NURTURE LEADERSHIP across EA to give clear direction in a dynamic and complex environment
The Literacy Service supports children and young people with Cognition and Learning type difficulties with literacy.
As Senior Clerical Officer, you will provide an effective support structure to the Peripatetic Literacy Service with regard to administration, liaison with the general public, stakeholders and public bodies.
You will be proficient in MS Packages such as Excel, Outlook, and Word. You will be confident in the daily use of spreadsheets and databases and will conduct typing and word-processing duties.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Hold Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- Hold at least 1 year`s suitable Clerical and/or Administrative experience with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL:
- Provide administrative support in relation to all aspects of the work of the programme using the full range of IT equipment including word processing/typing, databases, spreadsheets, email, fax, intranet, and internet facilities.
- Support in undertaking comprehensive research and investigations as required.
- Assist in the collation of factual data and statistical information from various sources to support the work of identified officers within the service.
- Prepare letters, minutes, notes, and other clerical support to officers as appropriate and as directed by the programme manager.
- Use initiative, tact, and diplomacy in responding to queries, issues and problems which arise within the section in the absence of the programme manager.
- Order and monitor supplies of stationery and office requisitions for all staff within the section along with diary management of stakeholders.
- Be responsible for maintaining efficient recording and filing systems within the service as directed by the programme manager.
- Professional and effective telephone techniques along with good oral and written communication skills.
- Work as part of a busy team with excellent communication and organisational skills.
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Competitive rates of pay
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
The rate of pay is £10.29 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Melissa at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 028 90 881100 or email your CV via the 'Apply' link.