Do you like impacting and making a difference in people's lives? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you enjoy communicating with a wide range of people?
If you answered 'Yes' we would love to hear from you.
Brook Street UK LTD are delighted to work on behalf of our Public Sector Client, the Education Authority Northern Ireland based in The Mall; Armagh are looking for a Senior Clerical Officer to join the Special Educational Needs Department.
This is an exciting temporary role that offers an immediate start with ongoing requirement's. Some of our candidates have secured promotions within the organisation, and others have successfully secured fixed-term contracts directly with our client.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within the Public Sector and develop your career.
You will be part of a strategic vision to Inspire, Support and Challenge all their children and young people to be the best they can be.
What will be your primary responsibilities?
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the following:
- Provide administrative support concerning all aspects of the SEN Department using the full range of IT equipment, including word processing/typing, databases, spreadsheets, email, fax, intranet, and internet facilities.
- Assist in monitoring statutory procedures and processes for children and young people undergoing statutory assessment or subject to statements of special educational needs in line with statutory timelines.
- Provide advice and assistance to EA officers, customers, the public and other professionals in respect of agreed aspects of the service and as directed by the executive officer or senior executive officer/administrative officer.
- Support the Senior Executive Officer / Administrative Officer in undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and investigations as required by Senior Officers with the education department.
- Prepare letters, minutes, notes, and other clerical support to officers as appropriate and as directed by the Senior Executive Officer / Administrative Officer.
To apply for this post, you will have:
- Hold a minimum of five GCSE passes (grades A*-C) or equivalent or higher and have a minimum of one year's administrative/clerical experience in an office environment, including general office duties, word processing and practical use of computers OR have a minimum of three years' admin experience in an office-based environment.
- Ability to organise a busy workload to deliver effective results on time and meet changing demands as required
- Excellent ICT skills - Demonstrable experience in using Outlook, Excel, and Word in an office environment
In return for your demanding work and commitment, working for this organisation can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
- Contribute positively to Education Authority NI's values and mission statement
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Competitive rates of pay - £10.29 per hour
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
- Ability to work across school admissions teams in all admissions regions across NI.
- No weekend work (Shift pattern Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations for roles across all industry sectors. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
By applying today, you can kickstart our fantastic onboarding process, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience with this incredible government Organisation.