Rate: £10.65 p/h
37 Hours Per Week - 0800 - 1600 (One day 15:30 finish per week)
Temporary initially until 31/08/2022 (Potential to go Permanent)
We are seeking a Finance Assistant to join a busy team in this new post providing support raising invoices, processing payments and responding to queries from our Trust, schools and suppliers.
We are seeking candidates with either experience working in a financial or administration role combined with excellent numeracy and literacy skills (evidence by a minimum of GSCE A*C (4-9) in Mathematics and English, or those with a relevant finance qualification, such as AAT, seeking to start their career in finance.
Candidates must possess effective communication skills and the ability to process and analyse figures accurately and to tight deadlines, excellent interpersonal and ICT skills, including use of Microsoft Excel.
The purpose of the role is to to support the finance team in ensuring goods are ordered and received by the School and invoices processed effectively and efficiently.
To assist in the monitoring of budgets and liaise with budget holders as directed by the Director of Finance.
In return we offer you the opportunity to join our supportive, professional central services team, in a role that offers fantastic opportunities for training and further development.
The following list is typical of the level of duties which the post holder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar type and level may be required from time to time.
1. To receive goods/services requisition forms from budget holders, check for completeness, post onto SAGE 200 financial database, print and place order.
2. To receive all delivery notes and record deliveries against orders onto SAGE 200.
3. To receive invoices, match against deliveries and orders and post onto the system. Checking invoices for accuracy and validity. Ensuring that delivery has been made with budget managers where no delivery note exists.
4. To receipt and enter into Schools Cash Office/SAGE 200 all income relating to the school's funds.
5. To scrutinise suppliers' statements and reconcile to SAGE 200.
6. To deal with financial correspondence, internal and external post and telephone queries from other organisations.
7. To produce sales invoices as required.
8. To assist schools / parents with the online payment system (currently SIMSPay)
9. To ensure all amounts receivable are banked intact
10. To maintain the financial accounting department filing system (electronic and paper based).
11. Contribute to the development and maintenance of financial records / information systems.
12. To produce monthly accruals and prepayments spreadsheets.
13. As required work with budget holders in the selection and management of resources, to ensure best value for money.
14. Provide budget holders with reports on request.
15. Undertake research and obtain information to inform decisions.
16. To undertake any other administration tasks required by the CEO or Director of Finance.
17. Promote the safeguarding and welfare of the children and young people the post-holder is responsible for; or comes into contact with.
18. To promote and implement the Trust's equal opportunities policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery.