Brook Street is currently recruiting on behalf of our Belfast who is looking for a full time and permanent Purchase Ledger Clerk/ Accounts Assistant to join their finance team.
The main duties include matching and coding invoices, preparing and running BACS payments, reconciling supplier statements and working out VAT payments.
The successful applicant should have previous experience in an accounts/ finance orientated role and will have experience using Sage 200, Excellent knowledge and day to day use of Microsoft Office package to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is also required.
* Matching, checking and coding invoices
* Making payments via BACS and cheques
* Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
* Reconciliation of supplier statements
* Filing invoices
* Managing petty cash
* Data entry
* Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
* Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers
* Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
The Ideal candidate:
* Working knowledge of software packages such as SAGE and BACS
* Experience of bookkeeping
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Excellent communication skills
* Solid team working skills
* Self-disciplined and efficient, with a flexible and proactive nature
* Experienced in Excel and Microsoft office packages
If interested in this role, please send CV via the apply link