I am looking for an experienced Purchasing Assistant to start ASAP for my client based in Guildford.
This is a temporary role to cover Maternity leave for one year. This position is part time, working 20 hours a week. My client is very flexible in regards to how you want to work the 20 hours over each week.
You would be working within the procurement department reporting into the Purchasing Manager.
Experience in a purchasing role is not essential but the successful applicant will be personable with excellent data accuracy and telephone skills.
- Placing purchase orders from MRP reports and requisitions as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Expediting delivery of purchase orders.
- Using the internet to locate new suppliers and placing internet orders.
- Dealing with suppliers on rejected items.
- Invoice matching and resolving related problems as and when required.
- Liaising with internal departments.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good general I.T skills and data accuracy.
Immediate start available.