I have a new opprtunity for a Purchasing Assistant to join a friendly family run Manufaturing and Engineering company based in Woking. The ideal candidate will come from a purhcasing back ground or a strong administrative support role.
Daily duties will include -
- Assist the Purchase Planner with the overall planning and organising of the purchase of materials and outside sub-contract work.
- To be responsible for the products, planning and organising of the purchase of materials, free issue of materials and liaison with suppliers.
- Enter information onto Winman computer system and facilitate the smooth running of the MRP system.
- Create works orders and assist the Purchase Planner with requirements for material purchases.
- Communicate, negotiate and build relationships with suppliers.
- Provide administrative support and coordinate annual appraisal of supplier performance.
- Expedite all purchase orders and log delivery information.
- Read and understand engineers' drawings in order to produce BOMs (bill of materials).
- Attend ad-hoc meetings on behalf of Purchase Planner as required.
Office hours are Mon - Thurs 8-5 and Friday 8-4, excellent salary and great benefits - please apply today, call Lisa on 01483 700 500.