I am recruiting for a Purchasing Manager with experience from the manufacturing industry for a business based in Walsall; my client is offering a competitive salary dependant on experience.
Working for a family owned, well established and market leading manufacturing business you will initially be solely responsible for the majority of the buying and ordering of stock for the company.
You will be negotiating with existing suppliers as well as sourcing new suppliers covering a range of products including chemicals such as solvents, additives, resins, polymers and industry specific sundries and general equipment. This is an exciting opportunity to really make the position your own, look to develop and innovate processes including the current ERP system.
You will need to be highly proficient with IT/systems, have worked in the manufacturing industry and if you have an understanding/interest in science then that would be ideal, but not essential as the business is forever evolving and you will be working closely with the Research and Development team.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Responsible for the performance of the inbound supply chain into the site manufacturing operations to include all materials and PPE
- Manage a company budget of circa £3million annual spend and relationships of circa 200 suppliers
- Be the focal point for any purchase or supply chain related areas for the company
- Develop effective supply chain solutions and strategies to deliver the business needs
- Source new and alternative suppliers
- Provide leadership and support to the company in relation to any purchase and supply chain issues, and escalate as appropriate
- Review and align company purchasing processes to ensure efficient and consistent methods are in place
- Audit company purchases to ensure adherence to supply agreements
- Implement procedures to ensure supplier performance is measured and managed in terms of Quality, Cost and Service
- Ensure cost reduction opportunities are identified to deliver savings to the business
- Lead and support supply chain cost reduction initiatives across the company
- Responsibility for working capital reduction initiatives, focusing on payment terms and direct material stocks
- Working with internal departments to organise and ensure quarterly stock takes run smoothly and accurately
- Communicating with internal departments regarding material / goods information and deliveries
- Raise PO`s, Processing GRNs and invoices on bespoke system
- Supporting with the development of ERP system against department requirements
- Previous purchasing/buying/procurement experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Budget management experience
- Interest of science/chemicals would be ideal but not essential
- Understanding of health and safety
- Previous experience of working in a fast moving, low lead time environment
- Results focused with sound commercial and financial awareness (modern/innovative thinker and way of working)
- Problem solver/solution resolution
- Excellent organiser with a high attention to detail
- Common sense approach
- Adaptable to change and always looking to implement continuous improvement
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills to influence at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate, strong Microsoft knowledge with advanced Excel (V-lookups, graphs, pivot tables etc.)
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE PURCHASING EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- 37.5 hour working week - Monday-Friday
- 4pm finish on a Friday
- 23 days holiday + 8 bank holiday days (increases by 1 day every 5 years)
- Free car parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***