QA Supervisor (Day Shift)
£10.80 per hours with 0.90p overtime rate
4 on 4 off SHIFT PATTERN - 6:00AM-6:00PM
An exciting opportunity is available with a very prestige client of ours; the role is for a QA Supervisor to join the busy QA Team in Hull.
Please see below the main duties involved;
Main duties include:
- Support with the business requirements in the absence of the QA Manager.
- Ensure the timely collection of taste panel, chemical and microbiological samples in line with current schedules and input into the relevant lab databases. Samples to be checked for correct amounts and labelling.
- Completing competency assessments on operative completing metal detection and label verification.
- FOPS amendments as and when necessary, all changes to new and existing products.
- Ensuring all intake checks are completed with minimum delay and any issues found are escalated
- Complete the projects set by Senior management in a timely manner.
- To monitor and log internal Non-conformances, ensuring they are responded to in a timely manner and ensuring root cause analysis and appropriate corrective actions are in place by the relevant department. Where there are trends to raise with the relevant departmental managers to rectify
- Conduct full trace ability studies in line with company and customer requirement, reporting any faults to QA Manager or the Quality System Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Improve processes and practices, streamling where necessary.
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area.
- Assist the Site Technical Manager, Assistant Technical Manager and the QA Manager with customer site visits and other third party audits.
- To ensure all new starters are trained correctly and help to ensure that existing QA staff are given ongoing training and development where necessary ensuring that regular job observations are carried out and documented, up-date QA performance charts.
- Ensuring all pre-production hygiene assessments/swab validation of areas before start of production, and complete hygiene report of findings for management meetings.
- Ensuring GMP audits, glass and hard plastic, process control auditing, label verification and weight control audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all areas are appropriately staffed with the correct number of QA operatives in line with production requirements. Ensuring staffing levels are met when staff are sick or absent.
- Ensure clarity of role for team members, including assigning of tasks, coaching and providing feedback.
- Effective labour planning to limit reliance on overtime working within the department
- Ensure that all statuary (industry guidelines), legal, food safety & customer requirements are met
- To identify hazards in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise risk
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
This is fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for a great career with a well-established company.
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you. SUBMIT YOUR CV NOW