We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in an established technical, design, development and manufacturing organisation based in Bodmin, Cornwall. We have a global customer base and employ 65 technical manufacturing staff.
The Quality Manager should work pro-actively to maintain and develop a Company culture whereby the Quality System is owned by all and pivotal to the quality, performance and service delivered to our customers and stakeholders.
To ensure that products and services of the Company are fit for purpose and meet both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations. Be proactive to improve relationships with major Customers and work with them to develop additional future sales. To maintain our accreditation to ISO9001, in a way that enhances and improves the work of the Company; and adopt new standards where there are proven improvements, and it adds value.
* Maintain our accreditation to ISO 9001:2015;
* Manage the Quality Management System to achieve control, monitoring and implementation of the Quality system and contract governance in line with the Company's policies and procedures;
* Develop, maintain and improve the business integrated Management System to underpin QHSE and operating standards;
* Participate in creating, reviewing, and upgrading the quality standards, policies and procedures, keeping them up to date and ensuring the highest standards are achieved;
* Maintain records of all audits performed and retaining records of all written and documented quality standards, policies and procedures;
* To be the point of contact for Customers for QA issues and support;
* Monitor and manage, QA/Production performance and support rejects, non-conformance, warranties and root cause analysis;
* Coach, motivate and challenge employees in the importance of quality and drive continuous improvement activities, supporting people to improve their processes and contribute to company-wide positive quality culture;
* Support the training and development of all staff to ensure awareness and understanding of Quality standards and the relevant business objective;
* Ensure appropriate resources are provided to support a compliant business and to identify any systemic weaknesses;
* Prepare and chair the Management Review Meetings;
* Maintain and enhance the Business Continuity Plan to suit the business needs;
* Continually review and renew the Company Strategic Plan to ensure measurable progress is maintained.
* An auditors qualification and experience in ISO9001
* Experience of AS9100 would be an advantage;
* Experience of QA within an engineering/manufacturing environment;
* Driven and self motivated, you will need to be pro-active, capable of spotting opportunities for improvement and putting forward clear and carefully considered recommendations;
* Working with management team, you will develop process improvements to be rolled out and supported Company wide;
* Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels;
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the business both verbally and written;
* Ability to work under pressure, think clearly and act decisively and hit deadlines;
* Good personal organisation skills;
* Good listening and communication skills;
* Good problem solving skills;
* Preferred experience with UKAS auditing requirements;
* Show discretion and professionalism at all time;
* Ability to use initiative, be proactive and work effectively as part of a team
* Eligible to work in the UK