I am recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager based near Birmingham Airport, working for one of the largest distance learning colleges in the UK. They are offering a basic salary of up to £28,000 and a fantastic benefits package.
Working within the Academic team, you will be responsible for the quality assurance and tutor management of the business, ensuring the distant learning college maintain their high standards and adhere to procedures set out by awarding bodies.
This is a very busy and varied role where you will be completing tasks such as, providing support and guidance to the college's tutors, working with internal and external verifiers, managing audits, writing assurance strategies, managing the colleges relationships with awarding bodies, updating course material ensuring policies, procedures and legislations are followed to name just a few.
You will be joining a multiple award winning business that is one of the leading and largest home based distance learning colleges in the UK; offering over 500 award winning courses which include A-Levels, GCSE's, Beauty Therapy, Accounting and Bookkeeping, Childcare, Computers and IT to name just a few.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Providing support to and guidance to tutors
- Maintaining IT records/systems relating to tutors
- Managing CPD audits and CPD plans
- Recruiting new tutors
- Maintaining relationships with awarding bodies, ensuring their policies and procedures are adhered to
- Writing or updating Quality Assurance Strategies for awarding organisations
- Writing or updating Self-assessment reports for awarding organisations
- Managing all internal verifiers
- Internal verification of courses ensuring that assessments and content adhere to specifications
- Updating course materials in line with changes in specification and legislation
- Conducting internal policy reviews and updates
- Organising and managing standardisation activities across various awarding organisations
- Hosting external verifiers visits and complete all action points
- Being the first point of contact for Academic complaints
- Creating, maintaining and updating tutor and learner documents (support materials)
- Have a full driving license and access to your own vehicle due to the location is essential
- Minimum of 2 years working within a compliance/quality assurance role
- Ideally experience/knowledge of working within the Education sector
- Ideally in possession of an A1 assessors and V1 Verifiers awards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong self-motivation, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE INCLUDING BEING A DRIVER AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £28,000 basic salary dependant on experience + commission
- 37.5 hour Monday - Friday working week
- 30 days holiday including all Bank Holidays off
- An extra day off for your birthday - every year!
- Free Car Parking
- Subsidised BUPA insurance
- Sociable on site staff room with modern facilities and utilities
- Subsidised childcare based close to the office
- Access to shedloads of award ceremonies!
- Opportunity to study one of the courses for free!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***