Our client is looking for a Quality Inspector with competitive salary up to £28,000 per year.
Your responsibilities will be:
Safety & Quality
- Ensure all work is conducted in compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure all work is conducted in compliance with all Laser Risk Assessments and guidelines
- Work within company procedures for quality (QMS) and maintain high levels of cleanliness, trace ability of parts and documentation
- Assist and support with internal audits
Inspection, Calibration & Product Quality
- Inspect, test, or measure materials as part of the goods inwards process to verify conformance to drawings and specifications
- Inspect and test product and complete documentation as part of the final inspection process to verify conformance to specifications and enable On Time Delivery
- Produce Reject Notes to enable effective return of products to suppliers and feedback on quality
- Follow MRB procedures in managing NC product and completion of documentation
- Conduct inspection and evaluation of RMAs (returns) and associated documentation to determine status
- Calibrating mechanical measuring equipment and ensuring records are maintained
- Work collaboratively with the production team and provide advice to correct errors and increase efficiency and recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process
- Utilise inspection equipment (calipers, Verniers, micrometers, gauges etc.) to verify quality
Training & Continuous Improvement
- Train other employees when required.
- Undertake training relevant to role
- Contribute to continuous improvement by recommending & implementing preventative & corrective action measures.
- Other duties as required
Who you are:
- Experience in Quality Inspection in a relevant manufacturing industry
- Able to use basic test and inspection equipment (calipers, verniers, surface tables)
- Experience in using a Quality database to update inspection data and information
- Experience of calibration of equipment
- Experience and understanding in working an ISO9001 Quality Management System
- Attention to detail
- Able to interpret manufacturing drawings / specs
- Able to work on own initiative
- Experience in optics or fiber inspection
- CMM experience advantageous but not required
- Clean Room experience (ISO Class 6 or higher)
- Knowledge and experience of root cause investigations (8D Process, 5Y & Fishbone)
- Customer Focus
- Product and Process Knowledge
- Part Inspection
The Quality Inspector must be able to demonstrate the ability to comply with regulations and take responsibility for his/her own actions. It is vital that they are a team player and show flexibility in all aspects of their work.
The role requires tenacity and resilience and for someone to be results-driven in order to get their tasks completed to strict deadlines.
The Quality Inspector should be a good communicator with colleagues and be able to find solutions, make decisions and have a good understanding of the organisation. All employees are expected to strive to meet the company values of Excellence, Energy, Contribution, Integrity and Innovation
Start Date ASAP , working hours will be Monday to Friday 07:30AM - 03:30PM
Due to the site rules the successful candidate must be a non-smoker/Vaper.
If you are interested in this role please contact Vanessa at 07483 931811 or apply now