Salary - To be discussed at interview
An exciting opportunity is available with a very prestige client of ours; the role is for a QA Manager to join the busy Technical Team at their site in Barnsley.
Main duties include:
- To manage all QA functions and aspects of quality, food safety and legality
- To maintain and develop the existing quality systems and procedures to ensure the high internal and customer expectations are met or exceeded at all times.
- Assist in maintaining existing third-party accreditation.
- Ensure all products conform to or exceed the agreed customer specifications.
- To compile customer reports as and when required.
- Ensure all procedures and methodologies are carried out to relevant standards.
- To ensure the existing quality systems and procedures address all aspects of applicable legislation as amended and third-party accreditation scheme protocols.
- Review the existing quality system on an annual basis.
- To ensure the correct management and issuing of all controlled documents and internal specifications.
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager/QA Supervisor maintain and develop the existing finished product QAS system, procedures and assessment aids.
- To manage the issuing/communication of all non-conforming product, ensuring all agreed remedial actions are taken and that the relevant personnel are aware of their responsibilities.
- To assist in managing and development of the internal audit schedule.
- Audit the site QA function on a regular basis.
- To manage, train and develop all members of the QA team.
- Assist the Technical Manager with customer/third party audits.
- To review and trend microbiology and chemistry results.
- Lead/assist with continuous improvement projects and other similar activities.
- Maintain high standards adhering to Health and Safety procedures.
FULL JOB SPEC AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
A proven track record of your brilliance is essential. You will need to be experienced working in a similar role with demonstratable experience in high and low risk food environment. You should also have basic Microbiology Knowledge and Hygiene & Chemical Training. Experience in a customer facing role, working with major retailers
Educated to degree level or equivalent preferably within a food Science background
HACCP L4 qualification
Lead Auditor qualification