Quality Review Editor
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Quality Review Editor. This is a contract role based in London for 2 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £38,000 per annum plus 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience.
My Client who operates one of the UK's most popular News websites is looking for a Quality Review Editor to join their team for a short-term project. You will be responsible for reading and reviewing news articles and other content, evaluating and judging each content item's adherence to our standards and overall quality.
Some image editing and copyediting may be required to improve content. You will be supporting, evaluating and improving content management tools that we are developing and providing feedback and ideas to help improve content.
The successful candidate will be able to apply good editorial judgment and be able to work efficiently across a large volume of content while maintaining attention to detail. Must come from an IT background and strong interest in the News would be helpful.
A typical day in this role can include:
- Meeting daily targets for quantity of content items reviewed
- Reading, reviewing and judging content according to guidelines
- Copying, editing and optimising headlines and photos
- Communicating suggestions and feedback for workflow and tools improvements
The ideal candidate will be:
- Must come from an IT background and have a high standard of computer literacy
- A 'can do' attitude and the ability to follow instructions
- Great judgment and decision making
- A strong interest in News is desirable
Deadline for CV submission: Tuesday 9th April at 10:00am