I am recruiting for an R&D Tax Analyst working for a leading business who specialise in helping their clients save money with tax relief. If you are a Tax professional with expsoure/experience in R&D tax and are looking to further your progression, this role is for you!
My client are R&D tax specialists, they have helped their clients save multimillions of pounds in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure. These businesses are innovative, technical, IT, scientific so being able to understand complicated businesses will be essential.
This is a varied and fast paced position where you will be responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the clients R&D and Patent Box projects; you will be tasked with ensuring that technical compliance is in line with HMRC legislation and accounting policies before submitting the reports and tax returns on behalf of your client, ensuring they are processed in line with HMRC legislation and guidelines.
You will need to liaise with your clients and even meet them on a face to face basis to discuss any issues you have found within your analysis and submission process.
- Analyse costs related to clients R&D and patent box projects from information provided to you from the internal Client Business Analysts
- Complete cost summaries and tax return amendments for your clients and make further recommendations if needed
- Submit final tax relief/credit reports on behalf of your clients to the HMRC
- Take an active role with HMRC investigations, including research, problem solving and client communications
- Communicate and instruct, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders regarding technical aspects of a claim
- Work quickly to communicate any department or individual issues to ensure the team is aware of the risk.
- Conducting and feeding back quality reviews
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets
- Providing guidance, support and assistance with handling complaints in the department
- Knowledge of Tax OR previous experience working as an Analyst i.e. data analyst, finance analyst
- Knowledge or Research and Development (R&D) tax would be ideal
- Educated to degree level within a suitable field i.e. mathematics, economics, business, science, technology, engineering etc. would be ideal
- Experience of following strict legislation and guidelines would be ideal
- Ideally experienced in/ knowledge of UK Corporation Tax compliance. Curiosity, awareness of and an interest in science, technology and innovation.
- An interest in applying seemingly simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors and tax matters.
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION***
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary competitive DOE (basic £30k-£45k) +bonus
- Monday - Friday 35 hour working week
- Genuine opportunities of real career progression
- Hybrid working - In office 2 days per week
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus all bank holidays
- Training courses available for upskilling/development
- Fantastic working culture, work social events both monthly and quarterly!
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and Ben Worsley will be in contact.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***