R&D Tax Consultant
Do you have a keen eye for detail and a passion for numbers? Are you interested in joining a well-funded startup with genuine hypergrowth potential, bringing tech to a growing market? If so, read on...
Reporting directly to the R&D Claims Director, and working closely with the claims and customer success team, you'll work with my client's customers on their finances to get them ready to file with HMRC.
The role is varied, but you'll spend a lot of time speaking with startup founders, getting to grips with the details of the latest breakthroughs, analysing R&D expenditure, and helping the product team increase the efficiency of the claims process.
About my client
They believe that discovering and applying for government incentives should be quick and easy.
Vision - To accelerate innovation globally by reinventing access to government incentives. My client's goal is to make it easy for innovative companies to access the tens of billions set aside by governments globally, abstracting away the complex rules and requirements.
After launching their initial product 2 years ago, they've helped 400+ startups get £16 million back in relief with zero investment in marketing. But they're only just getting warmed up.
Well-funded and backed by some of the leading investors in Europe, they're now poised to scale in the UK and beyond in 2022.
- Optimising claim costs with a wide variety of SME clients including some of the most innovative startups in the UK
- Advising clients on what costs qualify for the R&D scheme
- Preparing tax computations and tax returns - and helping us automate this process!
- Undertaking relevant accounts checks - and helping us automate this process!
- Submitting R&D claims to HMRC - and helping us automate this process!
- Working with our product team to help drive efficiency in claim preparation
- Optional: getting involved in writing reports for R&D tax claims for software companies
What we're looking for
*Experience in a pure R&D tax role*
- Basic corporation tax knowledge and experience, including preparing corporation tax computations
- Excellent attention to detail and an aptitude for numbers
- Strong organisational skills, effectively managing multiple clients simultaneously
- Pro-active, a self-starter and quick to learn, familiar with the CIRD
- Ability to review company accounts as well as Xero or other accounting systems to identify potential R&D qualifying costs
- Problem-solving skills and someone that always strives to be more efficient
- Strong written and spoken English
- Bonus: experience or interest in writing reports for R&D tax claims, particularly in the software engineering field
- £30k-£40k dependant on experience, with a quarterly bonus
- Autonomy and responsibility. Work from wherever you want.
- 36 days annual leave (28 days + 8 bank holidays)
- A brand new Macbook + the set up you need to do your job well
- Contributory pension
- Perks scheme (discounts and rewards with 30,000+ brands)
- Team lunches every month, fun team gathering every quarter
For further information on this truly fantastic role please apply, or contact Ben Worsley via Email or Linkedin!