My client is looking to expand their R&D tax team that works with businesses to identify their qualifying R&D activity, quantify it and obtain the R&D incentives and tax reliefs for them.
They are looking to increase their R&D offering to both existing and new clients and as such are looking to appoint an experienced R&D tax Consultant. This position offers excellent career development opportunities.
- You will be required to use your knowledge and experience to help our clients in making claims for R&D Tax relief, as well as Patent Box claims (coaching on Patent Box will be provided if you do not have previous experience in this specialist area).
- Advising clients on the application of R&D legislation and extracting the costs to be claimed
- Responsible for analysing the costs attributed to clients' R&D and Patent Box projects, ensuring that technical compliance is in line with HMRC legislation
- Working with the engagement team to develop claim methodologies and prepare R&D tax relief and Patent Box claims for submission to HMRC
- Preparing R&D documentation for non-tax specialists.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- ACCA/ACA/CTA/ATT qualification would be an advantage
- Technical degree in engineering, mathematics, IT or science
- Detailed working knowledge of R&D tax legislation and experience in preparing R&D calculations.
- Excellent report writing skills and experience of preparing reports for non-tax specialists
- Strong finance systems knowledge and IT skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and internal departments at all levels in a professional and technically competent manner
- Proven ability to gather and collate information using appropriate questioning techniques
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a methodical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work at pace and under pressure
- Team working skills with the ability to collaborate with others
We are happy to consider flexible hours for this position and currently offer hybrid working.
For more information on this fantastic role with an established firm please submit your application and contact Ben Worsley -