This role is a temp to perm position with a 3 month probation period.
The role operates as part of a small team covering all aspects of office management.
The main focus of the role is to be the first point of contact and to provide a professional front of house service to all internal and external visitors.
The role also has responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the business environment that encompasses the office facilities and estate as well as providing some administrative support to the Human Resources team.
- Welcome, greet and direct internal and external visitors in a professional and efficient manner
- Ensure the signing in procedure is maintained
- If the meeting room is free, guide the visitor/visitors to the meeting where their meeting will take place. Alternatively ask them to take a seat until the room is ready
- Managing the meeting room diaries
- Managing the set-up of meeting rooms; enough chairs, projector etc.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area
- Raise requisitions for office supplies and adhoc items
- Distributing post to the necessary departments and sending post on behalf of the departments
- Managing internal email distribution lists
- Ensure the Local Induction and information packs are available for all new starters in conjunction with HR & Line Managers.
- Provide administrative support to the Recruitment On-Boarding Partner with all aspects of recruitment and On-Boarding, including the organisation of induction training to ensure candidates and new joiners have a positive induction experience.
Facilities and Estate
- Responsible for the buildings office facilities ensuring that any necessary works is requested through Estates and undertaken accordingly. In addition this includes all Information Technology connectivity reporting any faults and arranging for maintenance as required
- Ensure that all staff are assigned desk space and have adequate access to IT systems, connectivity and IT equipment along with the Executive Assistant
- Liaise with external housekeeping to ensure offices are cleaned and office waste and recycling is managed
- Internal - Executive and senior management, line managers and staff,
- External - Executive and senior management, clinicians, admin staff and Trade Union
- High standards of customer service are expected at all organisational levels and it is the responsibility of all employees to provide Kings FM customers with exceptional service and work together to deliver continuous improvements in a cost efficient manner.
- The post holder has a general duty of care for their own health, safety and well-being and that of work colleagues, visitors and patients within the hospital, in addition to any specific risk management or clinical governance account-abilities associated with this post.
- To observe the rules, policies, procedures and standards of the Hospital NHS Foundation Trust together with all relevant statutory and professional obligations.
- To observe and maintain strict confidentiality of personal information relating to patients and staff.
- To be responsible, with management support, for their own personal development and to actively contribute to the development of colleagues.
- The post holder has an important responsibility for and contribution to infection control and must be familiar with the infection control and hygiene requirements of this role.
- These requirements are set out in the National Code of Practice on Infection Control and in local policies and procedures which will be made clear during your induction and subsequent refresher training. These standards must be strictly complied with at all times. My client has an Equal Opportunities Policy which aims to ensure that all applicants for posts receive equal treatment irrespective of their gender, disability, or ethnic origin.
- The hospital has a No Smoking Policy, which means that smoking is not allowed inside the hospital or anywhere within the hospital grounds. Smoking is only permitted within specially designated smoker's cabins. This applies to all patients, visitors and staff.
- Data must be processed fairly and lawfully, processed for limited purposes. Must be accurate and up to date and held for no longer than necessary. Data must only be disclosed to authorised persons or organisations as instructed.
This job description is intended as a guide to the general scope of duties and is not intended to be definitive or restrictive. It is expected that some of the duties will change over time and this description will be subject to review in consultation with the post holder