Brook Street is currently working on behalf of the NPS to recruit a Receptionist. This is a contract role based in Bicester until the end of March 2020
This is an administrative role based within the National Probation Service (NPS) Directorate in HMPPS. The job holder reports to the designated Line Manager and supports the provision of business specific and transactional office-based activities.
The job holder works collaboratively with other team members to provide reception duties and a range of administrative support services.
A typical day in this role can include:
- To greet offenders and visitors, log their arrival and departure, ensure the appropriate member of staff is notified and issue visitor passes and security fobs as necessary
* To be first point of contact for partner businesses that reside within the same building
* To handle all queries, referring on when unable to resolve
* To handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls, take messages and transmit to the appropriate person.
* To deal with all mail items; incoming, outgoing and internal
* To take bookings, support and service meeting rooms including training event registration as required
* To support the allocation and booking of hot desks, car parking and pool cars as required
* To pay bus fares/travel warrants to offenders and handle day to day petty cash
* To assist in maintaining Health and Safety and security aspects of the premises, including the testing of fire alarms, testing panic alarms, monitoring CCTV and assisting evacuation measures
* To log building faults and incidents and keep a log of maintenance and repairs
* To ensure faults are reported and servicing requests for equipment are made with suppliers and contractors
Salary: £8.21 per hour plus holiday pay
If this sounds like the role for you call Katie today on 0118 9637482 or email to discuss further